A process for more sustainable, mild, and efficient upgrading of natural – and marine oils containing harmful FFA to meet higher specifications in food, feed, and industry. The process is also applicable in biodiesel manufacturing. Refine low value residue feed stock and technical oils with high FFA (e.g., > 10%) to higher-grade food (<0,4% FFA), and feed (<5% FFA) oils. Compared to a evaporation process, the FFA membrane process has an oil loss of 7 % vs. 30% and water requirements of 7 % vs. 45 %. Operational cost is also reduced with 50 % compared to separation.
FFA is traditionally removed by separator. Problems include:
- Low yield of oil as FFA concentration in oil increases.
- Generates increasing volumes of solid waste
- Cannot process efficiently oils with > 3-5 wt % (difficult to separate oil from soapstock).
Eagle Enviro uses OSN membranes to solves these issues:
- Solvent extraction to remove FFA from oil.
- OSN membrane used to maximize yield of glycerides.
- RO membrane or existing distillation used to recover solvent
- Only waste FFA stream containing <2% of the glycerides fed.
There are no reviews yet.